Old School New School is now offering a Short Course in Independent Publication Design!
This short course will help you to bring your dream Independent Publication project to life, and all with the extra help of the brilliant internationally acclaimed publication designer, Jessica Lowe – Creative Director and founder of the world famous indie magazine Cat People Magazine! Cat People has featured in the world's best design editorial, such as It's Nice That, Mag Culture, Monocle, New York Magazine, and Nylon, and also been awarded by AGDA, International Typographic Society, and The Society of Publication Designers.
The Course Covers:
- Application of Typography as a means of high end visual communication
- Narrative Structure
- Application of imagery as a medium
- Context of the marriage between image and text
- Suggested cost effective production formats suitable for your publication
- Presentation skills
- Designer as Author – incorporating the above skills for an improved sense of narrative structure working with ideas, concepts and themes.
Knowing how to produce a beautiful publication design can also be useful knowledge for any designer whose work is speculative, such as architects and urban designers who use design as a tool to inquire, to research, to anticipate and must produce their findings in visually compelling ways that are highly interactive. (Especially when preparing a pitch).