"Born out of the (slightly) obsessive quest for fontal perfection" HypeForType have a great catalog of affordable typefaces. HypeForType offers a veritable feast of fonts for anyone interested in experimenting with typography, designers getting back in touch with the classic skill and brands looking to commission something standout that really adds depth to their visual language.
Alex Haigh the talented typophile behind the foundry is seeking submissions of artwork showcasing the HypeForType fonts in use for their new website launching soon. "We want to bring together our fonts, your creative vision, and showcase them online for the world to see."
I encourage you to share the awesome work your creating with HypeForType's digital assets, and if Alex and his team dig your work you'll not only be featured in the new site but you'll also be in with a chance of winning one of the following;
- £150 Apple Gift Card for the most creative submission
- The Top 50 submissions each win a £10 Amazon Gift Card
- 50 Runners-up will be showcased online
How cool is that?!
If you haven't already been using HypeForType's faces in your work this is the perfect opportunity for you to indulge in a new font and create a self initiated project for your portfolio. The experimental category is full of fun and freakish display faces at great prices (including science noire above), the text faces are highly functional and all of excellent quality (I use Australis for TypographJournal) and there are also some fabulous free fonts in the catalog here too.
ENTER IN 3 EASY STEPS:
• Check your work contains at least one font from HypeForType
• Make sure your imagery is at least 650px wide, JPG or PNG
• Include a brief project description, designer, and website link and mail to email@example.com