A half day letterpress workshop which also flirts with pencil lettering techniques - Awesome!
In this hands-on session, participants will gain an overview of the history of handset type and letterpress printing before undertaking a brief which calls for both conventional and experimental approaches to typesetting. Participants will produce an A4 letterpress print onto luxurious cotton based paper stock using Design College Australia’s awesome letterpress equipment, while under the instruction of letterpress geek Nicole Phillips (that's me!)
Learning Outcomes of this workshop include:
- Exploring the origins, of typography and print
- The anatomy and vernacular of typography
- Experimental and conventional methods for typesetting
- Understanding recognition, legibility, archetypal forms and the visual logic of typography
- Using varied techniques for creating typography by hand.
What you'll get
- All materials provided!
- Lunch Included (as is a glass of wine)!
- AND transport to The Design Conference with fast-tracked entrance!
What to bring
- Please bring a preferred drawing pencil.
- Please be sure to wear closed in shoes
- All long hair should be tied back
- No loose/oversized clothing (or jewellery)
- be prepared to get a little inky or greasy or bring an apron!
Time: 8:00 - 11:30am
Date: Thursday 26th May, 2016.
Where: Design College Australia
Address: 200 Barry Parade, Fortitude Valley