26th and 27th November at Rotson Studios (Fitzroy), Melbourne
2-day workshop focused on the Copperplate Uppercase letters.
Guides, historical context and examples of contemporary works included in the session. Feel free to experiment with brush pens as well!
* Level: Please note that existing knowledge of the Copperplate lowercase alphabet is required.
You will learn:
- The difference between calligraphy, lettering and typography;
- The tools used to write each script: broad nib pen, flexible pen, ruling pen, bamboo pen and flat brush;
- Historical examples plus contemporary artworks by professional calligraphers and artists;
- The fundamental elements of the letter: the strokes;
You will learn that calligraphy directly reflects the movement of the hand. Practising calligraphy is connecting your brain with your hand and your eye. It is also about having fun and learning by doing!
Time: 10am – 2.30pm
Weekend workshop: $160
BOOK YOUR SPOT HERE: http://www.mariamontes.bigcartel.com/product/calligraphy-workshops
This is the link to the complete course outline: http://www.mariamontes.net/calligraphy-workshop/