The basics of characters. Historical origins of language and writing. Identifying and classifying typefaces. In this class, you’ll earn your degree with measurements, type anatomy, history, and classifications. You might end up a valedictorian in letterspacing.
About This Class
The Basics: Characters & Words is a beginning lecture-demonstration class for the type enthusiast, design dabbler, beginning design student or junior designer who possesses the basic knowledge about graphic design. You’ll learn:
- What is type and where does it come from
- About the types of serifs, stories and other terms
- The importance of horizontal and vertical rhythm
- Absolute and relative measurements, how and when to use each
- Classifications & anatomy and why you should know these!