Super excited to be hosting a letterpress workshop in conjunction with The design conference, workshop and DCA!
A half day letterpress workshop which also flirts with pencil lettering techniques!
In this hands-on workshop, participants will gain an overview of the history of handset type and letterpress printing before undertaking a brief which calls for both conventional and experimental approaches to typesetting. Over the course of the workshop, each participant will produce an A4 letterpress print onto luxurious cotton based paper stock under the instruction letterpress geek Nicole Phillips (thats me!).
Learning Outcomes of this workshop include:
• Exploring the origins, of typography and print
• The anatomy and vernacular of typography
• Experimental and conventional methods for typesetting
• Understanding recognition, legibility, archetypal forms and the visual logic of typography
• Using varied techniques for creating typography by hand.
Ticket price includes lunch and a glass of wine!