Better Letters are going to be heading to Australia and New Zealand again with a series of hand lettering workshops from Mike Meyer (October/November 2016) and David Kynaston (January 2017).
Mike Meyer’s Hand Lettering and Intensive Hand Lettering Workshop will introduce you to laying out and painting the basic Gothic (Block), Thick ‘n’ Thin, Casual and Script alphabets. The Lettering Effects Workshop then moves on to embellish these with shadows, bevels and other colourful effects.
- Christchurch: Hand Lettering & Lettering Effects Workshops, 21-24 October
- Sydney: Intensive Hand Lettering Workshop, 29 October
- Melbourne: Intensive Hand Lettering Workshop, 4 November
- Melbourne: Hand Lettering & Lettering Effects Workshops, 5-8 November
- Brisbane: Intensive Hand Lettering Workshop, 12 November
(As a little extra in Melbourne, we’ll be working with Work-Shop to put on a ‘Signs on Screen’ triple bill of sign painting and lettering films.)
David Kynaston’s Classical Hand Lettering Workshop is also suitable for beginners and focuses on setting out and painting classical Roman and Copperplate Script lettering, before introducing some colour theory ahead of producing a final panel to take home.