Barbara Enright was brush lettering way before it was cool and now's your chance to skill up in our beginners brush lettering workshops around Australia in 2016.
What will you learn?
- You’ll learn the basic strokes needed to gain control of the brushes to create various letter widths as well as working with the paint consistency and flow.
- Learn about brush types: round, square and pointed; and which are suited to the different lettering styles such as Casual and Script.
- See inspiring demonstrations of her master brush skills.
- Barbara will assist everyone to make sure they feel comfortable holding and manipulating the various brush sizes. She will encourage you to develop your own individuality when lettering with a brush.
Who is this for?
- Anyone and everyone who has an interest in lettering! We’ll be starting with the basics so we can achieve a good understanding of brush lettering techniques. Complete beginners welcome. No experience necessary!
- More experienced letterers wanting to learn new styles and techniques for their commercial and personal work such as logos, signage and typographic art pieces.
What will you take away?
- Your very own Brush Lettering Kit including a special lettering brush and practice guides, all in a personalised folder hand lettered by Barbara.
- All of your work from the weekend plus a final project demonstrating your skills.
- Lots of hands-on experience under one-on-one guidance from a master letterer to inspire your ongoing practice.
- A day of switching off from the computer, hearing Barbara’s fascinating lettering stories and insights, making new friends, and discussion about how to make a career out of lettering.
- Rad new skills to show off to your friends on Instagram.
- Online access to Learn Brush Lettering.